17th Tamal Festival
17th Tucson Tamal & Heritage Festival
Casino Del Sol presents the 17th Annual Tucson Tamal & Heritage Festival on Saturday, December 3, 2022 at AVA Amphitheater from 10am to 5pm. FREE & open to the public.
The Festival celebrates the rich tastes, smells and variation of tamales from the Southwest and Mexico. This unique event provides organizations & individuals with an opportunity to fundraise as Vendors.
The Festival Features:
Live local entertainment
Farmers Market vendors
Fun for the entire family!
Applications are available at the links below and at Casino Del Sol’s Club Sol desk. Submit your completed application along with the full payment (CASH ONLY) to Club Sol. Application deadline is Nov 28th. Official Vendor confirmation will come directly from Laura Andrade after reviewing the application, via phone or by email.
- Food Vendors: $325 (inside venue)
- Vendors with carts: $220 (north drive)
- Tribal Members / Employees Food Vendors: $125 (inside venue)
- Artisans / Farmers Market Vendors: $75 (north drive only)
Food Handlers & Safety Classes:
Tuesday, November 29th in the Conference Center from 4pm to 6:30pm
Thursday, December 1st at AVA Amphitheater from 4pm to 6:30pm
Tamale Contest Info:
- FREE to enter: Bring 1 dozen fully cooked tamales to enter between 7am - 11am
- Categories: Traditional Red / Green Corn / Gourmet / Sweet
- Prizes: Best Tamal - $750 / 1st Place - $500 / 2nd Place - $300 / 3rd Place - $150